Monday, April 23, 2018

Wikipedia Trail: Lewis Carrol to Betty in Blunderland

This week, I decided to do a Wikipedia Trail for extra credit. My trail took me from Lewis Carrol to Betty in Blunderland.


  1. Lewis Carroll: Earlier this evening, I commented on a classmate's post about the Jabberwocky, and Carroll's tendency to create delightful poems from gibberish words. As a result, I decided to read more about his interests and writings outside of the Alice books, with which I was already familiar. 
  2. Through the Looking Glass: However, familiarity won out, and I found myself on the page for Through the Looking Glass. I loved learning more about the Jabberwock, and especially love The Walrus and the Carpenter. 
  3. The Walrus and the Carpenter: This has been one of my favorite poems since childhood; although I was creeped out by its depiction in the Walt Disney movie. From this article, I was delighted to learn that the poem was the inspiration for the Beatles' I Am the Walrus. 
  4. Betty in Blunderland: This is a short film featuring Betty Boop. In the animated short, she is completing an Alice in Wonderland puzzle, when she falls asleep and dreams of her own Wonderland adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment