Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing

This week in Myth and Folklore, we are reviewing the work we've put into the class thus far. Below are some of my thoughts on my writing and blogging this semester.

One of the aspects of this class that I have enjoyed most is the reading. At times, however, the reading has also been one of the most trying portions of the class. For example, I loved my reading of Noah and the Folklore of the Holy Land. Tales from a Parrot were fascinating, and my research for Three Brothers has been wonderful. Yet, I struggled with the dialect of Brer Rabbit, and sometimes think that myths lack the depth of background I prefer in my reading.

Nevertheless, I have enjoyed reading and taking notes over such new stories, and have especially enjoyed the opportunity to explore creative writing. Thus far, I consider my project idea and introduction, 'Three Brothers in a Spacious Kingdom" to be my greatest accomplishment, and am excited to see how my writing continues to develop in the coming weeks.


This gif of Jupiter is my favorite image from the semester so far! It is the first gif I have employed in any of my posts; the slow zoom, coupled with the black and white photo, makes the gif a dramatic touch, and enhances the story in which it was placed. 

In the next few weeks, I want to focus more on my reading, specifically when choosing which reading I would like to complete for each unit. Instead of diving into the first stories that interest me, I would like to take more time to sample all of my reading options for the week, and then select the best fit. I am truly looking forward to the rest of the semester in Myth and Folklore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment